Horse and buggy in driveway of two-story wood framed building located north of Cloverdale at junction of road heading to Fort Bragg, now known as Highway 128.
Biographical or Historical Note
McCray, a stop on the Northwest Pacific Railroad, 1.3 miles north of Cloverdale, elevation 316 feet. Owned by William Lafayette McCray. Destroyed by fire in 1927. Well known for hospitality and very popular from 1890s to 1927. Formerly called McDonald's to the Sea. McCray married the daughter of William T. Elliott, discoverer of the Geysers.
Date Created or Published
Place of Creation or Publication (Original)
Item Type (Original)
Item Physical Format or Genre
Number of Parts or Pages
1 photographic print
Sonoma Heritage Collections Theme
Sports and Recreation
Subject (Corporate Body)
McCray's Resort (Cloverdale, Calif.)
Subject (Time Period)
1911 - 1920
State or Province
City or Town
McCray Resort, Cloverdale, California
Map Zoom Level
Sonoma Heritage Collection -- Sonoma County Library
Owned by Sonoma County Library.
The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo .